Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Same phone numbers

nankamo
Active Member
Nancy L Member Since: Nov 6, 2018
1 of 9
My daughter is trying your site out but is overseas with no cell service so she verified her account with my number and then recommended I try this site too. I can't create an account bc my number is already in use. Please advise.
jo-jelly
Active Member
Kunthib B Member Since: Nov 6, 2018
2 of 9
So you should verified your account without using phone number. First step, go to Chrome or any Browsers you have. Then click on app that you want to verify, make sure your country is USA. After that click on atomated voice message and click confirm. Go to TEXTNOW.com and click the word discover and sign up with Facebook. And type anything between 201-209 and it will give you a new phone number and copy this number to the app that you want to verify. The verify number will be shown on TEXTNOW.com. Do use this number, that it. I hope it will help you.
prachi163
Community Guru
Prachi T Member Since: Nov 4, 2017
3 of 9

Is this legal? Verifying a phoney phone number which you don't actually use? 

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
4 of 9

Prachi, IMO it certainly should not be.  At the very least it must be against Upwork's TOS.  Upon attempting to check the Profile I received this:   

This profile is no longer available.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
5 of 9

@Nancy L wrote:
My daughter is trying your site out but is overseas with no cell service so she verified her account with my number and then recommended I try this site too. I can't create an account bc my number is already in use. Please advise.

 If your daughter lives abroad she should have verified her number with a local number.

Which place has Internet but no Cell Service, anyway?

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
6 of 9

Petra, believe it or not; but some areas (even in the U.S.) do not have cell service whether they be rural, weather related...  Also, oftentimes an area isn't available with one provider but is with another.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 9

@Pat M wrote:

Petra, believe it or not; but some areas (even in the U.S.) do not have cell service whether they be rural, weather related...  Also, oftentimes an area isn't available with one provider but is with another.


 Yes, sure, there are areas like that not far from me, but people who have no cell coverage but Internet have a landline, surely... I remember clearly that I verified my phone number by simply calling Upwork from my landline.

To me it sounds more like someone being outside the US having used a US address so can only use a US phone number to verify... That was my point.

Maybe I don't "do subtle" too well...

 

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
8 of 9

@Petra R wrote:

@Pat M wrote:

Petra, believe it or not; but some areas (even in the U.S.) do not have cell service whether they be rural, weather related...  Also, oftentimes an area isn't available with one provider but is with another.


 Yes, sure, there are areas like that not far from me, but people who have no cell coverage but Internet have a landline, surely... I remember clearly that I verified my phone number by simply calling Upwork from my landline.

To me it sounds more like someone being outside the US having used a US address so can only use a US phone number to verify... That was my point.

Maybe I don't "do subtle" too well...

__________________________________________________________________________

Petra, perhaps it "sounds like" but may not be.  If it is not, in addition to what I previously posted:

 

Cell phones can be wifi only-internet only; no calling.

There are wifi internet options without having a land line.

Some areas have Broadband availability without having a land line.

 


 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
9 of 9

@Pat M wrote:


Petra, perhaps it "sounds like" but may not be.


 Indeed.  Anything is possible.