🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Scam Alert! **Edited for Community Guidelines...
Page options
fa7102df
Community Member

Scam Alert! **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hello,

I am writing this to inform new freelancers of Upwork users. I suspected scammer her using name of **Edited for Community Guidelines** Company. This scammer has posted data entry and image to text converter job. After sending job proposal on Upwork I was frequently contacted and told to contact on their Telegram account. Telegram user **Edited for Community Guidelines** continued the conversation related to job and after formal introduction related to job tasks and about new hiring he sahred pdf of policy file. He has written cleverly that their company takes $30 for issuing company ID Card to new users and then provides log in credentials to new employees. When asking if there was any other was without paying any fee and work for them as being their employee they have right to deduct fee from employee's salary, reply was no strictly prohibited. I am sending alert to all new freelancers through this post. I know we all here because we want to increase our income but some scammers are taking benefit of it. Please never move on any other platform from Upwork if told by anyone client. Don't pay any money before work or you'll be trapped. They never reply after receiving amount. This **Edited for Community Guidelines** is just one example there might be other scammers using other company's names too.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
f656bc8c
Community Member

Thank you it is highly appreciated that you raised a voice

m_terrazas
Community Member

Sumaira H wrote:

Hello,

I am writing this to inform new freelancers of Upwork users. I suspected scammer her using name of **Edited for Community Guidelines** Company. This scammer has posted data entry and image to text converter job. After sending job proposal on Upwork I was frequently contacted and told to contact on their Telegram account. Telegram user **Edited for Community Guidelines** continued the conversation related to job and after formal introduction related to job tasks and about new hiring he sahred pdf of policy file. He has written cleverly that their company takes $30 for issuing company ID Card to new users and then provides log in credentials to new employees. When asking if there was any other was without paying any fee and work for them as being their employee they have right to deduct fee from employee's salary, reply was no strictly prohibited. I am sending alert to all new freelancers through this post. I know we all here because we want to increase our income but some scammers are taking benefit of it. Please never move on any other platform from Upwork if told by anyone client. Don't pay any money before work or you'll be trapped. They never reply after receiving amount. This **Edited for Community Guidelines** is just one example there might be other scammers using other company's names too.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

For you and for anyone else who reads the post.
Very convenient to read the thread about scams:
https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

And any questions, ask.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths