🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Scam Alert
Page options
e7dbb1b6
Community Member

Scam Alert

Just to be aware that there is somebody pretending to work for a company called **Edited for Community Guidelines** running a scam through Upwork. I have attached screen shots below.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

If you take a little time to read the dos and donts on Upwork, you will see that there are warnings of this sort of scam in several blogs and on the starter pages; 

One of the ways of avoiding scams like this is to read the ToS, and then you would know that any communication with clients (with Upwork accounts) is against the rules and regs before a formal Upwork contract is in place. And Upwork or not, never agree to pay to get work 

I  very much hope you didn't do any of the stuff you agreed to in those screen shots. 

Move on  if you have - lesson learned. But do check the internet for freelancing advice and typical scams and also read all the help pages here. 

e7dbb1b6
Community Member

Thanks for the feedback. No I realised it was a scam so fortunately have not parted with any money. However, others may not be so fortunate. 

759e32fa

Hi Leigh,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked the job you are referring to and it looks like it's already been canceled for violating Upwork TOS. You'll notice that the Message room with the client has also been archived. Please, check out the tips in this post to make sure you stay safe and protected while working on Upwork.

Also, please check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option to report any inappropriate content.

~ AJ
Upwork
renata101
Community Member

Also, it's good to be aware of other types of scams thast are circulating. This is a good article for anyone who's just starting out on Upwork.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths