cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Assistance

Ashley R Member Since: Jan 29, 2017
1 of 4

Could a community moderator please assist me with alerting UpWork about a spam account please. 

Thank you!

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 4

Ashley, if you are talking about a Freelancer profile account which is essentially spam or which has other problems, then at the top right-hand corner of each freelancer screen, there is a link/button that says "Flag as Inapropriate".

Just use this tool. You do not need help from Customer Support or from a Forum Moderator in order to flag a SPAM profile. That is one of the options provided.

If that is not what you mean when you refer to a "spam account," then please explain further and we'll try to help you.

flag.png

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 4

Also, I noticed that your thread title was "scam assistance," but in your post you mentioned a spam account.

These are different things.

Spam accounts may not be scams at all. A spam account may be just random characters typed on a keyboard, an advertisement asking people buy an album from iTunes, a petition to ban puppies, or all kinds of things. Not necessarily a scam.

And scams are rarely identifiable as "spam," and are best identified specifically as scams, not spam.

Just FYI.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Hi Ashley,

Could you please click on my name next to this post and send me a private message with details?

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS