🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Scam scam scam
Page options
aaronsands
Community Member

Scam scam scam

New to upwork and been about a week or 2 on here and I was contacted because someone viewed my resume and it was a company**Edited for community guidelines**or so they said went through this hour long interview by text on some ICQ app offered me the job and started talking about sending me an imac for my home office and a check with a list of equipment I need to pick up at first I was excited and then they started talking about sending me checks and equipment and instantly realized it was a scam sucks thought it was gonna be a career to get me started and change my life definitely deleting upwork after this since they clearly don't check out there perspective job searchers.

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Aaron,

I checked your account, and I was able to check the contract you're referring to. I have escalated this to our team for review and appropriate actions will be taken if violations were found. If you see a job or invitation that looks suspicious or inappropriate, you can flag it using the flagging option found on every job post or Upwork profile. You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths