🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Scam
Page options
5130edc5
Community Member

Scam

Hi Christine
I have fallen for the cryptocurrency scam.
A client posted his offer to buy cryptocurrencies and being new and without a prior contract, I applied
The client contacted me, and we signed the contract in two milestones. Everything went well, and he even gave me good feedback and 5 stars. To my surprise, the client goes to complain to his bank about the transfers made and asks for a refund from the bank.
The bank also contacted Upwork. Really too many scammers on the Upwork platform.
Currently, my withdrawal is suspended. Puff

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Vonglongo Jacqueli K wrote:

Hi Christine
A client posted his offer to buy cryptocurrencies and being new and without a prior contract, I applied
The client contacted me, and we signed the contract in two milestones. Everything went well, and he even gave me good feedback and 5 stars. To my surprise, the client goes to complain to his bank about the transfers made and asks for a refund from the bank.
The bank also contacted Upwork. Really too many scammers on the Upwork platform.

More likely it was a stolen credit card. Upwork can't pay freelancers if they don't receive the money, aside from that transaction being not allowed, but you know that now, I guess.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Vonglongo Jacqueli K wrote:

Hi Christine

More likely it was a stolen credit card. Upwork can't pay freelancers if they don't receive the money, aside from that transaction being not allowed, but you know that now, I guess.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths