Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam?

oscar97
Oscar R Member Since: Nov 17, 2016
1 of 5

Hello everyone,

I´m new here just couple of days and I was sending some proposals trying to get my first job. I was searching some asking for type some scan pages to MS Word or things like that and recently I got a notification saying that have an active candidacy and also received a message. The client gave a software to work with it. When I checked my actives jobs there was nothing, so I think this is one of the cases that should report. I reported it but this is the first time that happens to me so I wanted to post it because I think I shouldn´t be the one in this situation and maybe this could help. Also I would like to know how long time might take and if I get back the connects I wasted for it, as I said is the first time that happens to me I hope I could get support to know if I did it well or if have to do any other thing about it.

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

Hi Oscar,

If you're reported a job post that we end up removing for a policy violation then yes, you'll get your Connects returned. Thanks for flagging the post, it'll get to our team for review and they'll take care of it.

View solution in original post

oscar97
Oscar R Member Since: Nov 17, 2016
3 of 5

I was kinda lost but all clear now, thanks for the quick reply, helped me a lot.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 5

Active candidacy just means that a "potential" client is communicating with you through the message section of this site. It does not mean you're hired, otherwise, you would see an active Contract under My jobs.

I would be suspicious of anyone wanting me to download software on my computer in order to work on their job's especially if I don't have an active contract. And even if I did, I wouldn't download and install anything like that.

If you've already downloaded it, I strongly suggest that you scan your computer with one or 2 anti virus programs and even a Malware program. .

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
5 of 5

I wish they would get rid of the "employee" style wording. I think that's one reason scammers have such an easy time of it with the noobs. If I was "interviewing" in the real world, I would assume that the employer looked at my resume. If someone said "active candidacy" (I've never heard that terminology anyway... I think this is the worst one) I would think that I was shortlisted and it's maybe me and some other schmoe...I'll still beat you schmoe.

It's not like we're interviewing anyway. We're discussing the project. Negotiating. Shootin the poop. Anything is better than "Active Candidacies."

But really it only means someone messaged you. Maybe something like "Bid Response" or Potential Clients or something like that. It's 2am and I can't sleep so I'm sure someone can do like 10000 x better than that.