🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Scammed by a client
Page options
georgi-stavrev
Community Member

Scammed by a client

Hi,I got scammed by a client. After submitting my work with his required fixes, he suddenly became unresponsive. I think he just profited from my work and although it was a very cheap contract (something like a test job) he's not going to pay. I want to report this person so I he can't scam any other freelancers on Upwork.Please tell me what evidence do you wan't me to provide. If you have access to my jobs and contracts it's the only one I have in my account because I'm actively working on upwork from last week.Thank you,Georgi Stavrev

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Georgi S wrote:

Hi,I got scammed by a client. After submitting my work with his required fixes, he suddenly became unresponsive. I think he just profited from my work and although it was a very cheap contract (something like a test job) he's not going to pay. 

Was there a contract at all?

Was it fixed price or hourly?

If fixed price, was it funded? Did you use the contract's "Submit for payment" function to submit the work?

If hourly, did you track your time with the app?

Generally, if you use Upwork correctly, you get paid automatically.

Hi Petra,

Thanks for the quick response.

There is a fixed price contract with milestones in it.

I've submitted the full work actually on the first milestone - status is currently `Submitted`.

There's the sum for the first milestone in escrow.

Georgi S wrote:

Hi Petra,

I've submitted the full work actually on the first milestone - status is currently `Submitted`.

Then you will be paid automatically. Jeez, educate yourself before you accuse somebody of scamming you. Did you stay professional with the client?

Georgi S wrote:

So why are you posting on a public forum that the poor client scammed you?

The client has 14 days to review your work.

You get the money when the client releases the funds OR after 14 days, whichever comes sooner.

Just don't click on "resubmit" because that resets the 14 day countdown.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Georgi S wrote:

Hi,I got scammed by a client. After submitting my work with his required fixes, he suddenly became unresponsive. I think he just profited from my work and although it was a very cheap contract (something like a test job) he's not going to pay. I want to report this person so I he can't scam any other freelancers on Upwork.Please tell me what evidence do you wan't me to provide. If you have access to my jobs and contracts it's the only one I have in my account because I'm actively working on upwork from last week.Thank you,Georgi Stavrev

In what way were you scammed? If you had a contract, you will be paid automatically. The client does not need to respond for you to be paid. Has the client requested a refund?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths