🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Scams
Page options
carla-silva
Community Member

Scams

Hello there, Yesterday I tried to apply for my first job here on UPWORK and almost fell into a scam. The job ad goes by the title of "Simple writing" by a guy called **Edited for Community Guidelines**and he has several projects for a comapany called  **Edited for Community Guidelines** which does not exist . He gives you a PDF with diferent projects of which you can choose from with high amounts of payments which atracts your attention. But then theres is a catch in order for you to register for the project you have to pay them a registration fee which is over 500$ and that he says he will refund once the project the project is over which is a scam. He also gives a false contract agreement attatched. Please be carefull and do not fall into this scam which will make you loose a lot of money.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
df602768
Community Member

People should be careful, I agree. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
df602768
Community Member

People should be careful, I agree. 

PradeepH

Hi Carla,

I checked the job post you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
renata101
Community Member

Hi Carla,

It might be worthwhile to look at this thread.
https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/How-can-i-know-i-have-a-contract/m-p/1252684

It sounds like you started work without a contract. Hopefully, this helps for next time.

b0c9135c
Community Member

people should More carful thank you 

d148358a
Community Member

I agree 

jason_p_
Community Member

Been here a year, 50% of posts are scams.  Probably more.  The legit ones pay pennies....  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths