🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Screen Capture not Working using Chrome OS
Page options
annswenupwork
Community Member

Screen Capture not Working using Chrome OS

My timetracker just took a screenshot and when I saw the thumbnail for it it just has a big "failed to take screenshot" . I am using Chrome OS and I was able to successfully install and run the desktop app in Linux dev software using the same Chrome OS.

7 REPLIES 7
AndreaG

Hi Ann Swen,

Chrome operating system is not officially supported by the Upwork Desktop App (tracker) and that's the reason for the issue.

Your tracker should work well in the operating systems listed in this help article.

~Andrea
Upwork

I am running it on Linux,

Version: 5.5.0.11 (FE2119)
Platform: Linux Debian Debian 10.7 (5.4.109-26077-g12746d86825a) x64

Do you have any other work around for this screencapture error, please?

Hi Ann Swen,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have the same issue, mine is on Linux 11 Debian 5.10 it looks like the camera is not recognized on the tracker.

Hi Joram,

You can find advice on how to Troubleshoot the Desktop App here. If you still experience problems, report the issue so we can help you. Here’s how:

Click your name at the lower left of the app
Select Support and Feedback
Enter the details of your issue and click Send

~Andrea
Upwork
rohg
Community Member

Same issue also using Chrome OS 

Hi Rachael,

Please know, Chrome operating system is not officially supported by the Upwork Desktop App (tracker) and that's the reason for the issue.

Your tracker should work well in the operating systems listed in this help article.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths