🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Screenshots and Loss of time
Page options
l-hernandez
Community Member

Screenshots and Loss of time

Is it true that if you delete screenshots your time is completely lost? I have been deleting screenshots because of their annoyance, and I have worked 4 hours today and it only logged 40 min. This is extremely upsetting, and cause for me to get off this platform.

6 REPLIES 6
mtngigi
Community Member

If you're new, you may want to read about how the time tracker works, including screen captures:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211064098-Log-Time-with-the-Upwork-Desktop-App-

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lucia, 

Deleting screen grabs on your Work Diary will delete the time logged and this deleted time will not be billed to your client. If you do not feel comfortable that screenshots are being taken while you complete your projects, I would recommend that you work on fixed-price contracts instead. Here's a help article to know the difference between hourly and fixed-price contracts. 

You may also want to read on the resources we compiled here for more information on working on Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

You said you deleted screenshots due to their annoyance.

Respectfully, may I ask:

Why do you feel that screenshots depicting your work on behalf of a client are "annoying"?

I am not trying to be critical. I am genuinely curious.

(And I am wondering if you don't realize all the controls you have over how screenshots are taken and what they show.)

Lucia, if screenshots annoy you, you can always ask the client to permit manual time. Then, there won’t be any screenshots. Of course, the hours will no longer be guaranteed so if the client disputes the time you enter manually, you won’t receive any payment, which might annoy you even more than having to submit to screenshots.

@Lucia H wrote:

Is it true that if you delete screenshots your time is completely lost? I have been deleting screenshots because of their annoyance, and I have worked 4 hours today and it only logged 40 min. This is extremely upsetting, and cause for me to get off this platform.

You should not delete screen-shots, as they are proof for the client that you work on their task. Why would you ever delete them?

Once the screenshot has already been taken, the "annoyance value" has already been completed. The sound is gone and the pop-up in the corner of the screen has vanished. How does deleting a screenshot AFTER THE FACT reduce or eliminate annoyance? It seem to me that all that such efforts would do is to cause you wasted time and aggravation.

?? I don't understand. ??

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths