🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Search Listings
Page options
jeremymt93
Community Member

Search Listings

Hello, I'm having some issues with search listing results.  I've been using the site for the past few weeks for freelance searches and have been having a hard time finding available searches regarding the feedback I'm inputting for searches. 

I think it's possible my initial feedback inputs may have limited my search results.

Is there a way to start new with the user feedback for future searches?  

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Jeremy,

By feedback you input are you referring to using thumbs down feature? If so then, no, the way you use the thumbs down button doesn't influence ranking of jobs in search for your individual freelancer account. It's used to collect aggregated information that may be used to improve Job Search and Feed in general. 

If you've saved from searches, you can remove or update them anytime so that your Job Feed shows the results you want.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Jeremy,

If you are trying to see if clients can find you in search results, please note that search results will be different depending on who is searching. The results you see will differ from the results a client gets searching for a particular job they posted. That way we want to make sure that every professional gets a chance to be discovered and every client finds what they are looking for.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks for the response Joanne!

Sorry if i was not clear, I  was referring to the results I am seeing while searching for opportunities.  I believe that I might have stopped alot of the results I would normally see because of feedback inputed while first using your service and not understanding it might limit my search results.  I was wondering if there is a way to reset my search feedback to default.

Hi Jeremy,

By feedback you input are you referring to using thumbs down feature? If so then, no, the way you use the thumbs down button doesn't influence ranking of jobs in search for your individual freelancer account. It's used to collect aggregated information that may be used to improve Job Search and Feed in general. 

If you've saved from searches, you can remove or update them anytime so that your Job Feed shows the results you want.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths