🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Searching for a Training Job on Web Devel...
Page options
mohamed_nisthar
Community Member

Searching for a Training Job on Web Development

Im a Student doing Higher National Diploma in Software Engineering. Now i have completed almost 18 months but when comparing my studies with industrial works my knowledge is very less.
I kindly request you for an advise on how can i get a good training opportunity as a freelancer on web development.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Mohamed, 

You can acquire the necessary knowledge and experience that you need outside the platform since freelancers are offering their services to clients on Upwork.

I see here that your profile is not yet complete. Please complete it and get it approved, go through the guides, tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions compiled in the following thread, designed to help new users get started on Upwork. Please feel free to follow up in the Community if you have questions and we'll gladly help you with them.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Mohamed, 

You can acquire the necessary knowledge and experience that you need outside the platform since freelancers are offering their services to clients on Upwork.

I see here that your profile is not yet complete. Please complete it and get it approved, go through the guides, tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions compiled in the following thread, designed to help new users get started on Upwork. Please feel free to follow up in the Community if you have questions and we'll gladly help you with them.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello Joanne Marie P,

Thanks alot it was very helpful can i know what are the best out soucers to get myself trained.

kat303
Community Member

@Mohamed N wrote:

Im a Student doing Higher National Diploma in Software Engineering. Now i have completed almost 18 months but when comparing my studies with industrial works my knowledge is very less.
I kindly request you for an advise on how can i get a good training opportunity as a freelancer on web development.

I don't want to disillusion you, but you are competing with freelancers here who have years of experience. This is not the place to find , as you put it, a training job. You should be trained already and have the skills and experience needed to offer your services to a client to get their job done. Clients don't come here to look for a freelancer to train, or has very little training and is not capable of getting their job completed sucessfully.

My advice to you is to optain a job in the B&M world so that you can get the necessary skills. Or even volunteer for positions that need the snall skills you have now so you can build on that. Or look for internships that will expose you to real world experience.

JoanneP

Hi Mohamed,

I think it would be best to get advice from other web developers so that you can be guided properly on where you can get the training that you need. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths