cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for freelancers located in a specific city?

Mike C Member Since: Sep 9, 2019
1 of 4

Prior to joining upwork, I searched Google to locate freelancers located in a specific city. Google returned a search result: https://www.upwork.com/l/cn/freelancers-in-weifang/

Does that page show ALL freelancers located in that city, or just a random selection? And is there a way to search upwork for freelancers in a specific city?  Thank you.

Mike C Member Since: Sep 9, 2019
2 of 4

Did I stump everyone?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3 of 4

Hi Mike,

We apologize for the late follow up on your query! A filter by the city is not available, unfortunately, but you can use the Location filter to filter per country. You can put the name of the city in the search field as one of the keywords though. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

From its earliest incarnations (including predecessor companies), Upwork has been about helping clients find freelancers from all over the world who can work for them remotely.

So finding people in a specific city has never been something Upwork put any effort into.

Upwork is sort of the opposite of CraigsList.

Whenever I want to hire local people to work on projects that must be done locally - such as painting, moving, manual labor, repair, etc. - I use CraigsList. It is totally based on specific cities, and even specific communities.

Whenever I want to hire people to do computer-based work that can be done remotely - I use Upwork.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS