f877a0b0

Secured Programming Video Lesson

Hello!

I'm knew to upwork and i just got my first job!

I have to do a live video lesson for my client with

fixed price. I have read the fixed price protection

system of upwork but i have one question.

Say that i'm finishing with the lesson and i'm requesting

the milestone payment from the client (This is a very bassic

job only for 15$, just to learn how to work in upwork) but the

client refuses to pay (He took my lesson but he is not paying me).

I know that i can send a dispute, but how do i prove i'm right and i

have done my job? Is it legal to record the video call and save it as a proof?

Thank's,

Nikolaos Bampaliaris

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
carolyngomes

Hi Nikolaos,

If you request payment from the client, they have 14 days to approve the request and release payment, or send it back for changes, therefore leaving the funds in escrow. You can request mediation if the client refuses to release the funds, and I would suggest making sure you have evidence of the lesson, for example, the record shown of a call in Skype, or some written confirmation by the client, as this is not a deliverable such as a file. Also, if the client wants the escrow funds back, they have to close the contract and request it, which will prompt a message to you, asking whether or not the funds should go to you. If you reject the request, it will be sent back to the client on more time to see if they really want the funds back, if they say that they do, this will go to our mediation department.

~Carolyn
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
versailles

@Nikolaos B wrote:

(This is a very bassic job only for 15$, just to learn how to work in upwork)

This is not how you learn how to use Upwork. You learn to use Upwork by reading the help section. Only when you know how to use it you seek for jobs.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

For 2 days now i read as many as i could from the help center.

(Payment security, milestones, disputes, taxes, VAT, etc) but i'm just

not so sure about some things. I will keep reading anyway. I just had

this question and felt like asking it here.

Thank you for your reply.

carolyngomes

Hi Nikolaos,

If you request payment from the client, they have 14 days to approve the request and release payment, or send it back for changes, therefore leaving the funds in escrow. You can request mediation if the client refuses to release the funds, and I would suggest making sure you have evidence of the lesson, for example, the record shown of a call in Skype, or some written confirmation by the client, as this is not a deliverable such as a file. Also, if the client wants the escrow funds back, they have to close the contract and request it, which will prompt a message to you, asking whether or not the funds should go to you. If you reject the request, it will be sent back to the client on more time to see if they really want the funds back, if they say that they do, this will go to our mediation department.

~Carolyn
Upwork