🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Security Cearlances
Page options
jordandombro
Community Member

Security Cearlances

I have not seen the option yet, but is it possible to privately disclose to UpWork to validate that I have a DoD Security Clearance and have some sort of notificaiton of the fact provided to possible clients?  Having clients know of this fact should dramaticly increse the trust with freelancers.  

Jordan Dombrowski | Network Engineer | MS CCNP CISSP
5 REPLIES 5
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jordan,

Unfortunately we do not validate this type of clearance however, you can indicate it in your job proposals to let the clients know that you have this clearance. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@jordandombro wrote:

I have not seen the option yet, but is it possible to privately disclose to UpWork to validate that I have a DoD Security Clearance and have some sort of notificaiton of the fact provided to possible clients?  Having clients know of this fact should dramaticly increse the trust with freelancers.  

Hm. So you want to disclose to clients that you have a DoD security clearance. Where I come from (ha, a neutral country!) that sounds like you are advertising spying. May be just me. On the other hand, why don't you put your question to your employer and wait for his reaction?

@Martina P wrote:

@jordandombro wrote:

Hm. So you want to disclose to clients that you have a DoD security clearance. Where I come from (ha, a neutral country!) that sounds like you are advertising spying. May be just me. On the other hand, why don't you put your question to your employer and wait for his reaction?

Given the OP's background, he must have needed that clearance at some point. I don't think it at all indicates that he is a spy!! 😛 On the other hand, I don't think any ordinary UW client (as opposed to cloud clients etc.) is likely to need that sort of clearance. In fact, I would be rather wary of a client who did!  

def not a spy... what a joke. 

So maybe I should rephrase my question if thats what it even is, and this is for UpWork but they have already responded to my enquiry.  UpWork encourages you to prove your identity, certificaitons, etc to prove to potential clients that you are honest and trustworthy.  Well I can't think of any more potent worth of trust if someone has been approved for any kind of official background investigation for a security clearnace.  These things costs thoustands of dollars and takes many months.  Just saying, it would prove the highest level of trust on someones integrity and morals. 

Jordan Dombrowski | Network Engineer | MS CCNP CISSP

Jordan, I do not doubt you for a second (and I'm sure nobody else does) - but Upwork, is Upwork and they seem to think their extraordinary method is best - go figure!! 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths