🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Security Phone Number Screen Freezing
Page options
allenwalter
Community Member

Security Phone Number Screen Freezing

I am trying to complete my profile to be submitted for freelance work, and when I get to the screen that asks me to set a security phone number, I enter my 10-digit phone number and click the green Verify Phone Number button and nothing happens. I can exit out of the screen by clicking the ‘X,’ but I can’t complete my profile. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m using the latest iOS and the latest Upwork app.

17 REPLIES 17
mpopiv
Community Member

Remove the app from the device’s memory (force stop/quit), reopen the app, and try again or try to reinstall Upwrok app. If this does not help, you should contact **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Check the article Troubleshoot Mobile App Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, I had already tried that. Additionally, the behavior is the same on the Mac using Google Chrome. There is no response from the browser.

I will contact ios-feedback@upwork.com. Thank you.

JoanneP

Hi Walter,

Can you please try using the website instead of the mobile app? If you still experience the same issue, please let us know so we can share with the team and investigate further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have done this using the website as well and have the same issue. I am using macOS Mojave 10.14 and Google Chrome Version 73.0.3683.103. When I click the “Verify Phone Number,” there is no response from the browser on the desktop nor a response in the app on the iPhone. I can click the X to cancel on the desktop. Or I can click “Cancel” on the mobile.

Hi Walter,

Thank you for letting look into this. One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you directly to help you verify your phone number. Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri

Hi,

I'm having the same problem. It occurs whether I'm using the app or a browser. There doesn't appear to be a way to get past it and I can't set up my account until this issue is resolved.

Christine

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Christine.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
bluekudzu
Community Member

I am having the same problem.

Hi Terry,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am experiencing the same issue. The button does nothing. I've tried 3 different browsers, cleared cache & cookies on all of them.

How do we get this to work?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you, Craig. I checked and it looks like you are yet to submit your profile for review. Could you please specify the specific issue on your account? Were you trying to verify your phone number?

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm having the same issue with trying to verify my phone number and complete my profile.

Thanks,

Alan

Hi Alan,

One of our agents will reach out to you via ticket and assist you directly in verifying your phone number. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

What time and date

Hi Alan, 

I checked your account and can see that the team reached out to you through this support ticket. Please refer to the ticket thread for more information about your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I am having the same problem on chrome, safari and mobile app .

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Alex.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths