🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Security fee deposit through telegram
Page options
f108a3d2
Community Member

Security fee deposit through telegram

Hello, I am a newbie in upwork. Getting excited of what jobs that awaits me, I submitted a proposal last night (April 30, 2022) then I immediately got a response on one of the job posting where I sent the proposal. However, the client asked me to message him/her through telegram, then in the middle of our conversation, he/she told me that I have to deposit a security fee before they can send the project. I was a little doubtful because of my previous experiences, hence I read the upworks terms and conditions. There I read that a client must not ask for any payment. May I just ask, if there is really a job posting here in upwork that requires the freelancer to pay for any security fee? 

2 REPLIES 2
sofia2008
Community Member

This is a scam. A real client will never ask you to pay for anything. Report them.

Note that communicating outside Upwork is a violation of the Terms of Service freelancers agree to when they sign up.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Erlyn R wrote:

May I just ask, if there is really a job posting here in upwork that requires the freelancer to pay for any security fee? 

Read this before you send any more proposals: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths