🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Security of Documents
Page options
abdulla371
Community Member

Security of Documents

Hi,
My account is being on hold and i was asked to have video chat with agent to verify my account. I was being told to upload my ID through a link by email. I have few concerned about uploading documents as it can duplicated easily.
In email or on upwork website or with chat support agent, i didn't found any warranty for following,
1: My documents not being stolen during uploading.
2: My documents not being stolen during sending.
3: My documents not being used illegally in any sort of case during possession of upwork.
4: What happened to documents after being verified? Are they deleted permanently or being stored in database permanently?

I requested support agent to verify my documents during video chat which is already being recorded by upwork which was not approved. I was asked to upload documents about which i am not feeling safe.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdullah,

We understand the importance of keeping your personal information secure and confidential. We have an extremely secure upload and storage tool with three layers of data encryption, allowing us to apply rigorous security standards while ensuring your identity verification documents remain in strictest confidence. Your identity info is only temporarily stored. Once we have verified it, it is deleted. We handle all verification data with the same degree of care that we give all Personally Identifiable Information, as explained in our Privacy Policy.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdullah,

We understand the importance of keeping your personal information secure and confidential. We have an extremely secure upload and storage tool with three layers of data encryption, allowing us to apply rigorous security standards while ensuring your identity verification documents remain in strictest confidence. Your identity info is only temporarily stored. Once we have verified it, it is deleted. We handle all verification data with the same degree of care that we give all Personally Identifiable Information, as explained in our Privacy Policy.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for your response. As in privacy policy, it's mentioned,

7. SECURITY
"We take a number of steps to protect your data, but no security is guaranteed. But remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Upwork cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us."
I have requested support agent to verify my documents on video chat. But it's not approved.I am really confused why it's not being aproved?

Hi Abdullah,

I checked your account and it looks like you already chatted with our customer support team regarding this concern and they have shared with you the steps on how you can upload the documents requested. Please follow the steps shared by the team. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I was selected for this test, the request to join a video chat will be sent to you via email. I have not received an email. what do I need to do? How can I do a video verification if I don't have a camera on my pc? Where do i upload my id? This has me frooze out from Submitting a Proposal 

Hi Bob,

I have followed up with our team and they have updated your support ticket with more information regarding your verification process. Please check that ticket which details what steps you should take to lift the hold on your account. If you have any additional questions please post them on your ticket and our team will assist you. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths