🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Selling multiple services
Page options
c_lincoski
Community Member

Selling multiple services

I have two questions one is I want to sell my service with Contracting skills and maintenance and I also do couples counseling so how would I go about doing that
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Christopher L wrote:
I have two questions one is I want to sell my service with Contracting skills and maintenance and I also do couples counseling so how would I go about doing that

I think it's very difficult to sell such divergent skills. You should concentrate on one, that being the one that is easier marketed on an online platform. So, not marriage counseling. 

Please rework your profile, and get rid of all the typos.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Why would you say anything about couples counseling on your Upwork profile?

The purpose of your profile is to serve as a sort of billboard, offering services that clients might hire you to do. The profile page is not meant to be a biographical sketch or legal "full disclosure" document.

I commend you for the work you do as a counselor. But I can't imagine this is a service that Upwork clients are looking for. I would think this is something people look for in their local communities, not from online and overseas freelancers.

Maybe I'm wrong about that. But even so, if you are offering some in-demand services and also couples counseling, then it would be more profitable to say nothing about couples counseling. You can still apply to couples counseling jobs when you see them posted on Upwork.

Christopher, I apologize but just can't resist this:  "And, how's that working for you?"

I agree with Preston.

I know it's strange. Unfortunately you can't council yourself. Anyway my wife passed away.
mtngigi
Community Member

Your overview needs a complete rework ... it's not going to do you any favors as is. Lose the bio info and tell clients what you can do for them. Come up with a better/shorter/focused skill to offer. The chances of finding a long-term position to take you to retirement on an online freelance site are slim to none. Perhaps a little studying up on Upwork's function is will help you craft a better profile.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Christopher L wrote:

I think it's very difficult to sell such divergent skills. You should concentrate on one, that being the one that is easier marketed on an online platform. So, not marriage counseling. 

Please rework your profile, and get rid of all the typos.

Hello, I also have a question concerning this. I am a Web Designer & Developer, a Digital Marketer, and a Shopify Store Developer. I was hoping to provide these services here on Upwork, but from the above conversation, it's looking like it isn't possible. Can anyone clarify for me, please? And there are a variety of services under Digital Marketing that I provide as well which include; Setting up, running, and optimizing Google Ads and Facebook Ads campaigns, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing and Management, Writing SEO articles, and blog-posts, as well as SEO copywriting.

Is it possible for me to include all these in my profile and apply for jobs/projects? 

Victor O wrote:

Hello, I also have a question concerning this. I am a Web Designer & Developer, a Digital Marketer, and a Shopify Store Developer. I was hoping to provide these services here on Upwork, but from the above conversation, it's looking like it isn't possible. Can anyone clarify for me, please? And there are a variety of services under Digital Marketing that I provide as well which include; Setting up, running, and optimizing Google Ads and Facebook Ads campaigns, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing and Management, Writing SEO articles, and blog-posts, as well as SEO copywriting.

Is it possible for me to include all these in my profile and apply for jobs/projects? 

Those posts are from 3 years ago. Yes, you can set up specialized profiles for each of your skillsets. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths