🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Send sample translation to a client
Page options
flavio1971
Community Member

Send sample translation to a client

Hi, I was submitting a proposal and the client request some sample translation I download it but I have no idea how can I send those samples to it?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jmlaidlaw
Community Member

I hope that you mean the client wants samples of translations that you have done previously, and not samples of his or her own current work. If clients can convince enough freelancers to do "sample" translations, they can piece together all of the "samples" and will have the entire job done for free.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Flavio,

When submitting a proposal, at the bottom of the page there is a section where you can attach a file of a sample of previous work you've done. You can click and drag the file into the box or click the 'upload' link.Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 12.37.47 PM.png

~Nina

Hi, Nina. thanks for your reply. I have seen those buttons but it was a completely different situation, the clients wants his samples translated.

Hello Flavio,

Could you please send me a PM of the job posting you are referring to? Thank you!

Untitled

Hi,  Ryan. I am sending you the title and link

*** Edited for Community Guidelines ***

Hello Flavio,

I have reported the said job post to our team. They are now reviewing this job post. Thank you.

Untitled

Ryan, sorry I have been trying to get a translation job for almost the whole week that I didn`t get what PM was until I see the green letters over what I wrote.

jmlaidlaw
Community Member

I hope that you mean the client wants samples of translations that you have done previously, and not samples of his or her own current work. If clients can convince enough freelancers to do "sample" translations, they can piece together all of the "samples" and will have the entire job done for free.

Hi, nice to read you. Well, there were samples of his/her work, and I had a second thoughts and came to the same conclusion as you did. So, immediatelly after writting this I just close that window and stop looking for a way to send those samples to him/her.

Flavio - If a client wants "samples" you can do 1 of 3 things.

1. You can point them to your profile where they can see samples that you have in your portfolio.

2. You can attach samples of previous jobs to your proposal

3. You can let the client know that you'll be happy to provide a specific sample of their work. All they have to do is to set up a contract for $xxx, fund escrow for that amount and you'll provide that sample.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths