cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending cv and samples to client email address

Highlighted
Caroline P Member Since: May 29, 2017
1 of 5

My first possible client has asked me to email cv and writing samples to an address that is not Upwork. Is this allowed/recommended? The client can see my profile and samples on the Upwork site. Please advise.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maryam N Member Since: Sep 4, 2016
2 of 5

You should never send your CV and samples through email. Keep all your communication through Upwork only. These clients are usually scammers trying to work outside or get free work. Tell your client clearly that you will only work through upwork and you are comfortable using upwork platform for the interview.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 5

It is certainly allowable and I often communicate with potential clients through email during the interview stage.  I cover my bets by sending the materials through Upwork and also by email.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 5

re: "My first possible client has asked me to email cv and writing samples to an address that is not Upwork. Is this allowed/recommended? The client can see my profile and samples on the Upwork site. Please advise."

It is allowed.

But it sounds like this "client" is just wasting your time.

Real Upwork clients know how Upwork works. They know they don't need to see a CV. And they know to see your writing samples on your profile.

I don't think you will ever earn any money from this time-waster.

Highlighted
Caroline P Member Since: May 29, 2017
5 of 5

Thanks. Good advice.