🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Sending new offer to a proposal ?
Page options
lesterb22
Community Member

Sending new offer to a proposal ?

How do you do it ? please help.

My client said that " I am going to hire you , You will need to send me new offer" my client has said it on our chat for my current proposal. How do you do that ? send an offer ? how? need help asap.

10 REPLIES 10
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Lester,

Your client can send you a direct offer or they can invite you again to their job posting, once you have accepted the invitation they will be able to send an offer again. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Yes but she saod she is going to hire me but I am going to send her new offer. How does that work ? how to send new offer in a proposal ? What does that exactly means

Hi Lester,

You can`t send an offer in a proposal from your end. If you already have sent a proposal to the job posting your client can set up a contract from their end, you can share this Help Article with your client on how to send you an offer. If they need further help they can post here or reach out to our Customer Support directly.

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

so what does she mean?

Hi Lester,

Please share this Help Article with your client, once you have received the offer you can accept it and a contract will be formed. If you have additional questions but private details are involved feel free to reach out to me via PM(click on my name). Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

so what does he means ? 

Hi Lester,

Unfortunately I'm not sure what your client has meant with this. You have already submitted a proposal and now your client will need to send you an offer that you will be able to accept and form a contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Lester B wrote:

so what does he means ? 

As nobody here is a mind-reader, nobody can tell you what the client means, so the only person you need to ask is the client. Why don't you do that?

My guess is that the client is clueless as to how the platform works, because only a client can send an offer to a freelancer, not the other way around. 

lesterb22
Community Member

Anyone there to help ? I don't get what he/she said. Does it mean to change term and modify my proposal ?

Lester,

If you agreed to change your fee to another price suggested by the client, you CAN change it. You can't change anything you have written, but you can change the amount. Is this what you meant by changing your offer? 

ETA: If this is what you meant, go to your proposals and you should see this just above your cover letter: http://prntscr.com/ma207k

If you click on "Change Terms", you will then see this - or one that relates to a fixed-price job: 

http://prntscr.com/ma212c.

You can then change the amount you originally put.   

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths