🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Service Fee in Hourly
Page options
tariqalidesigner
Community Member

Service Fee in Hourly

I have worked for a client and he paid me 96$ for 8 hours. As it was 12$ for an Hour.
But When i got my payment its just 76.80$. I don't know for what reason upwork deduct me $19.20 of my payment. As i bid $15 for an hour and then affter a deduction of upwork i got 12 for an hour.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Tariq A wrote:

I have worked for a client and he paid me 96$ for 8 hours. As it was 12$ for an Hour.
But When i got my payment its just 76.80$. I don't know for what reason upwork deduct me $19.20 of my payment. As i bid $15 for an hour and then affter a deduction of upwork i got 12 for an hour.

You may have bid "$ 15 an hour" but obviously accepted the contract at $ 12 an hour so the fee of 20% is taken from that $ 12 an hour not the $ 15 because you were not hired at $ 15 an hour- you were hired at $ 12 an hour.

"he paid me 96$ for 8 hours" - YES - because 8 x 12 is 96.

Then Upwork takes the fee from what the client paid.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

@Tariq A wrote:

You may have bid "$ 15 an hour" but obviously accepted the contract at $ 12 an hour so the fee of 20% is taken from that $ 12 an hour not the $ 15 because you were not hired at $ 15 an hour- you were hired at $ 12 an hour.

"he paid me 96$ for 8 hours" - YES - because 8 x 12 is 96.

Then Upwork takes the fee from what the client paid.

Tariq, how did you not know what occurred as per Petra's explanation would occur prior to accepting the project?  All of that is quite basic of which an abundance of information is available to educate one's self on this platform.  Do yourself a favor and fully educate yourself; at least regarding the basics before continuing.  You'll find nearly anything you need/want to know within the "Help and Support" areas and within this "Community."  All you have to do is to enter what you're searching for, read/view/listen to the information, and absorb it.     

Thank You @petra.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths