🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Service fees & contractor's Upwork link
Page options
30ec1d1f
Community Member

Service fees & contractor's Upwork link

I am working with a freelancer who sent me his Upwork link to avoid service fees. I set up a contract and invited him to it, but he sent me a screenshot (attached) showing that he'd be charged the normal service fees. Will that go away once we finalize the contract, or should I have gone about the process differently? Or something else? Very much appreciate any assistance/insight anyone can provide.

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diane,

The 0% service fee is not applied automatically on contracts so it is ok for the freelancer to see the regular fee when accepting the Job offer.

Once the contract is established (created or offer has been accepted), the Freelancer will need to email the Contract ID at the email shared with them in the support ticket they received from our team. Our team will review the request and apply the 0% fee on the contract within 3 business days.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Diane,

The 0% service fee is not applied automatically on contracts so it is ok for the freelancer to see the regular fee when accepting the Job offer.

Once the contract is established (created or offer has been accepted), the Freelancer will need to email the Contract ID at the email shared with them in the support ticket they received from our team. Our team will review the request and apply the 0% fee on the contract within 3 business days.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths