cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Paypal and Hourly vs fixed rate

Aaron D Member Since: Apr 3, 2017
1 of 4

Can clients pay me through PayPal even if I don't have a credit card or bank account linked to the PayPal account?

Also, i have a client that's job is paid hourly but I already completed the job pretty quickly and told her that, so the client asked me for how much money for the script that I made. I gave an offer but now, do I give the client the script before or after being paid and how can I be assured that I get paid if it's a job with an hourly rate?

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

re: "Can clients pay me through PayPal even if I don't have a credit card or bank account linked to the PayPal account?"

Clients may not pay you through PayPal.

Clients do not pay you directly.

You are paid through Upwork or not at all.

A client may use PayPal or a valid credit card as a way to pay for the services they arrange through Upwork. There is also an option for clients to pay using withdrawals from their bank account.

This has nothing to do with you. As long as a client funds escrow and/or is payment verified, it doesn't matter how they got there.

You are paid through Upwork. You can receive payments even if you do not have a payment withdrawal method set up. But eventually you will need to set up a method to withdraw your money. Receiving payments from Upwork and withdrawing that money are two separate things.

Community Guru
3 of 4

re: "Also, i have a client that's job is paid hourly but I already completed the job pretty quickly and told her that, so the client asked me for how much money for the script that I made. I gave an offer but now, do I give the client the script before or after being paid and how can I be assured that I get paid if it's a job with an hourly rate?"

If you were hired with an hourly contract, and you created a script while logging time, then the script does not belong to you. It is not yours. It belongs to the client. You do not have the right to negotiate when or how to provide the script to the client.

Community Guru
4 of 4

re: "do I give the client the script before or after being paid?"

Before.

This is an hourly contract. Provide all work product immediately.

re: "how can I be assured that I get paid if it's a job with an hourly rate?"

You do not need to do anything special to be assured you get paid. Just log time using the Upwork time-tracker.

You are then paid AUTOMATICALLY. The client does not need to do anything. You do not need to do anything. Upwork charges the client's credit card and pays you.

If you log time properly on an hourly contract, it is actually very difficult for a client to avoid paying you. Upwork pretty much guarantees that you get paid.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS