Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up account to get paid

Active Member
Denis D Member Since: Sep 9, 2017
1 of 2

Hello guys, I have signed up to upword a week or so ago. I have set up my account, everything correctly... I have added my bank account details...But when I want to withdraw money, I am asked to provide VAT number or W-8BEN.
I have no idea how could I do that and where to find these details. I was told I have to get registered as self empoyed and if the government accept my application, I will be send a paperwork, stating these details, is that correct, as I have just registered for self employed few days ago. I am UK based. I would be very happy to receive a lil' help as I am very new to this and I am getting confused, thanks in advance, Denis Denchev.

Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Denis,


You can access and complete your W-8BEN form under your Settings> Tax Information. Please, see this help center article for more information about the form.

~ Valeria