🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Severely Struggling to gain new clients
Page options
c413c187
Community Member

Severely Struggling to gain new clients

Hey guys, 

I need a bit of help, I'm quite new to the freelancing commmuty on upwork and I've been struggling to gain prodjects. I have submitted countless proposals for my services to no avail. I've recently lost my job and this is somewhat my last option for work that matches my skillset. 

What i would like to ask is if a few of you have any ideas as to how I can get jobs, even low paying ones, to help me get by?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys, 
Pumz

2 REPLIES 2
3792bdf9
Community Member

Mphumzi T,

Your profile looks really good!

You should focus on sending out more proposals, and increasing the quality, uniqueness, and purpose of each cover letter you send out.

How many proposals are you sending out per day? Per week? Are they relevant to your field of expertise? Are they posted recently? What about from someone with verified payment?

Are you using the Search "filters" when searching for jobs?

Hi William, 

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my post. Yes, I have been sending proposals quite frequently to new posts as they come up and have even exhausted my connects for last month in the process. All of the jobs I have searched and applied for are all within my wheelhous and I have even offered services abouve and beyond what it is the prospect needs. 

I can't quite put my finger on it. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths