🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Shall I end the contract?
Page options
chirpaz-francois
Community Member

Shall I end the contract?

Hi, I have read various answers to this question but mine is a bit more specific: 

I had the last milestone of a job approved by the client. The payment in Overview is pending, so I should be paid soon.

My question: shall I end the contract myself in order to leave a feedback and to receive one from the client? Is there a reason why I shouldn't end the contract (will it affect my stats even if the feedback from the client will probably be good?)

Thanks in advance to everyone for your answers!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sagar, he asked a totally different question which has ZERO to do with your answer.

It is like asnwering "Peel an Orange" when someone asks you how to repair a blown tyre.

Francois, always, always, always encourage the client to close the contract, as that guarantees you feedback.

Closing it yourself means you may get feedback, but it is not guaranteed.

You want to avoid "No feedback" contracts as they can knock your JSS if you have too many of them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sbilu131521
Community Member

Hi Francois,

There are 4 tabs in report overview. 

Work in Progress

In Review 

Pending

Available

If your payment shows in the "Pending" tab, it means the client has already released the fund and yes, you can end the contract.

But my suggestion is to ask the client to end the contract and leave you a feedback. If he or she is not responsive, you can end the contract from your end. 

Still confused what to do? Just wait for 5 days. It takes 5 days to release fund from "Pending" to "Available" tab. Then the money is yours.

Thanks

Sagar

Sagar, he asked a totally different question which has ZERO to do with your answer.

It is like asnwering "Peel an Orange" when someone asks you how to repair a blown tyre.

Francois, always, always, always encourage the client to close the contract, as that guarantees you feedback.

Closing it yourself means you may get feedback, but it is not guaranteed.

You want to avoid "No feedback" contracts as they can knock your JSS if you have too many of them.

Thanks to both of you for the info and the time taken to answer my question, I appreciate.

😉

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths