cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your onboarding experience

Paul B Member Since: Nov 12, 2020
91 of 113

The only thing I wish was different with the onboarding process was that upwork would have allowed me to be verified before getting my first job. I feel as though it makes it that much harder to land that first gig by not possessing a verified badge to give some semblence to the client that I at a minimum am who I say I am. 

Community Guru
Alexander N Member Since: Dec 28, 2008
92 of 113

I have a super strong belief that these badges are something that only the most nerdy, picky clients ever pay attention to (and they are to be avoided in any case).

What matters is first, and foremost, your cover letter. If you have a brilliant cover letter that is specific and addresses needs of a particular client on a particular job, you can be Sunil Gupta from nowhere with zero earnings and no badges and you will get hired.

Badges and earning history is still good because it gets you into "recommended freelancers" list to clients so their journey to getting to talk to you is shorter.

Andrew D Member Since: Dec 7, 2020
93 of 113

I was very happy with my onboarding experience. I registered on the website a few weeks ago. But I completed my profile and identity verification today. It took less than a day to complete the identity verification and have UpWork confirm my information.

If I run into any problems I will update the post. The UpWork community website is a great idea. Very happy to be part of this community.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
94 of 113

Welcome aboard, Andrew!

Thanks for sharing your awesome experience using Upwork Community!  Feel free to reach out to us anytime you need any assistance or advice.

Happy working!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Mohit V Member Since: Dec 14, 2020
95 of 113

i am gald to be here...thank you

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Raihan R Member Since: Dec 8, 2020
96 of 113

New at upwork. Need help from all community member. There are some situation I not understand. Try to understand hole upwork system.

Ace Contributor
Arsalan A Member Since: Oct 1, 2015
97 of 113

HI, I am not new on upwork. But! I am still seeking that how to make cllients more to be ongoing work like longterm clients. Actually so many clinets are fixed here. So no longer available to give more work, Just worked with so many clients but not ongoing clients. I am looking for. Connects are too limited now. So I am suffereing to get more clients here on upwork.. Hope so to get new interview soon!

Community Guru
Alexander N Member Since: Dec 28, 2008
98 of 113

I don't think this should be the goal. See, if a client wanted to hire someone permanently, he'd get a permanent office employee on full payroll, who's more dependent and easier to keep tabs on, more loyal. So a permanent relationship on Upwork is possible only if it is much cheaper, so going for it, you in most cases resign to being a sort of cheap labor.

Do fixed price work. Carve yourself a niche where you will be the best and soon you will see clients paying a month's pay for a day of work - because it will be "save my ass" kind of work - and yes maybe, a week of looking for the next client, but still.

MD Awal A Member Since: Jun 17, 2020
99 of 113

Thanks for your  helping post

Randi K Member Since: Dec 14, 2020
100 of 113

Hi Mike,

Randi K. here.

I created an account early last year. Didn't follow thru for various reasons.

Good thing I didn't. I had to find out how much I didn't know! 🙃

As I am a newbie, I have yet to do work for a client.

Now that I am back, having issues creating a new profile.

Support is working to find out about my phone number.

For some reason, I can't complete my profile because we keep getting an error message.

E/M says: The phone number is used by another account.

Support is still working on it.

So......

How I go about getting hooked up with an agency here at Upwork?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS