Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your onboarding experience

Clare B Member Since: Jan 10, 2021
111 of 113

Hi Mike,

I'm looking for some support actually!

I am so far really loving UpWork, I am uploading plenty of information and I would really appreciate some feedback on my profile.

I've submitted 8 proposals now, and not received any feedback, I am willing to submit several a day, as I am seeing interesting roles - but I feel stuck where I am as I am runnng out of 'connects'.

How can I keep progressing and am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your support

Clare 

Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
112 of 113

Hi Clare,

Thanks for your message. I reviewed your profile and you're off to a good start. Your profile Overview is a little difficult to scan. I would suggest using bullet points to more clearly define the services you offer and your past experiences. Also, the beginning of your profile overview displays in prospective client search results and it’s your first 200-character pitch. So, your first sentence should include clear, relevant information about your primary skill sets and expertise. To give a clear impression you’re the person the client wants to talk to, here are some additional tips for writing a great Overview.

Don't give up! It can sometimes take 15 or more proposals to win your first contract.  You will receive 10 free Connects each month at the start of your billing cycle. If you run out, you can purchase ConnectsFreelancer Plus accounts receive 80 Connects each month.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
Clare B Member Since: Jan 10, 2021
113 of 113
Great thanks so much for the feedback, really appreciated!
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS