cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your onboarding experience

Seyon R Member Since: Jan 8, 2021
21 of 117

I agree with the test as a rule of acceptance. 

Victoria K Member Since: Aug 23, 2020
22 of 117

I'm disappointed because I can't finish my profile. I've been writing for almost ten years now and I want to share what I've learned and to help others with their writing. I can't do this because Upwork seems to believe you can only be a professional if you have a degree. Not everyone had the opportunity to go to college and that doesn't make you stupid or unable to do a job. Yet you cannot complete your profile unless you add education, there's no way I've found to bypass it. I'm sad that the site is discriminating against people simply because you didn't have the opportunities others had to attend college. 

Community Guru
Amanda L Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
23 of 117

Victoria K wrote:

I'm disappointed because I can't finish my profile. I've been writing for almost ten years now and I want to share what I've learned and to help others with their writing. I can't do this because Upwork seems to believe you can only be a professional if you have a degree. Not everyone had the opportunity to go to college and that doesn't make you stupid or unable to do a job. Yet you cannot complete your profile unless you add education, there's no way I've found to bypass it. I'm sad that the site is discriminating against people simply because you didn't have the opportunities others had to attend college. 

They don't and you don't. Plenty of people here do not have degrees. I have, in fact, hired a college student on here, who obviously does not have a degree, since they are still in school. You need to reach out to CS to find out why your profile is not complete. FYI, I can see your profile. 

60% completion is all that is needed for approval, which requires these things: 

Profile Photo

Profile Title 

Profile Overview

Employment History

At Least 1 Skill Tag

Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
24 of 117

Hi Victoria,

There are many ways to complete your profile. The website may suggest you add a degree, but this is not required.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
Mamudu S Member Since: Nov 15, 2020
25 of 117
Well, this is my second day here on this platform. So far, everything is okay, except for the fact that I'm yet to get any jobs😔 despite my numerous enticing 😁😋 proposals. If someone can help, I'd gladly accept it. Thanks a bunch!
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
26 of 117

Hi Mamudu, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. You may want to consider checking out this Community board as it has many great articles to help you boost your career on Upwork and this thread to help you get started.

Additionally, feel free to check these great topics in our Resource Corner to help you create proposals that win jobs:

Let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

~ Nikola

Untitled
Thomas S Member Since: Aug 10, 2020
27 of 117
But you are a writer, I woild hope you could come up with something.

School of hard knocks? university of real life experience? the womb institute?

or perhaps just pit your high school experience?

If you have a portfolio showcasing your work and you write compelling proposals it shouldnt be a huge hurdle to get past.

Alternately, make something modest up. No one is asking for transcripts.
Seyon R Member Since: Jan 8, 2021
28 of 117

This is so true. it seems as if you don't have a degree, you are not treated with respect. ive been on other Freelancing platforms and this one is, by far, the most difficult and complex of them all.  

Mohsin R Member Since: May 1, 2019
29 of 117

Hello, Mike

First you need to be logged into your client account as well as a freelancer account. In order to be able to view proposals that are sent to your job by freelancers. It doesn't look like the account you're currently logged into and used to publish this post is the correct one.

Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
30 of 117

Hi Mohsin,

You do not need a freelancer account in order to post jobs or view the proposals. This is all done from the client context. Are you able to elaborate on the issue you faced?

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS