cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your onboarding experience

torikaer
Victoria K Member Since: Aug 23, 2020
31 of 164

If you're in school you can note that and it will allow you to complete your profile. I have a friend on here who is in school and because she's going for a degree she put that in. But if you haven't attended college or are not attending you cannot complete the profile. I've tried, many times in different ways putting different things in to get past it. There is no possible way to complete it without some kind of college in the profile. They discriminate against you plain and simple if you cannot attend college. 

michaelajornlin
Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
32 of 164

Hi Victoria,

There are many ways to complete your profile. The website may suggest you add a degree, but this is not required.

I hope this helps!

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
mamudu-sahib
Mamudu S Member Since: Nov 15, 2020
33 of 164
Well, this is my second day here on this platform. So far, everything is okay, except for the fact that I'm yet to get any jobs😔 despite my numerous enticing 😁😋 proposals. If someone can help, I'd gladly accept it. Thanks a bunch!
egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
34 of 164

Hi Mamudu, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. You may want to consider checking out this Community board as it has many great articles to help you boost your career on Upwork and this thread to help you get started.

Additionally, feel free to check these great topics in our Resource Corner to help you create proposals that win jobs:

Let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you,

~ Nikola

Untitled
torikaer
Victoria K Member Since: Aug 23, 2020
35 of 164

Mike J wrote:

Hi Victoria,

There are many ways to complete your profile. The website may suggest you add a degree, but this is not required.

I hope this helps!

Well if there's a way someone needs to tell people how to do it because I've tried and tried, I even emailed them for help and got zero response. I cannot get past the part where it asks you to put in college stuff. Sorry, but it doesn't work. Everyone can keep saying it does, but it doesn't. 

michaelajornlin
Upwork Staff
36 of 164

Hi Victoria,

Are you experiencing a technical problem when trying to complete your profile? In the profile completion article, it defines many different options for reaching 100% completion. Education is not required.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 7.18.34 AM.png

Best,
efc5e71c
Thomas S Member Since: Aug 10, 2020
37 of 164
But you are a writer, I woild hope you could come up with something.

School of hard knocks? university of real life experience? the womb institute?

or perhaps just pit your high school experience?

If you have a portfolio showcasing your work and you write compelling proposals it shouldnt be a huge hurdle to get past.

Alternately, make something modest up. No one is asking for transcripts.
seyon777
Seyon R Member Since: Jan 8, 2021
38 of 164

This is so true. it seems as if you don't have a degree, you are not treated with respect. ive been on other Freelancing platforms and this one is, by far, the most difficult and complex of them all.  

mohsin-khann
Mohsin R Member Since: May 1, 2019
39 of 164

Hello, Mike

First you need to be logged into your client account as well as a freelancer account. In order to be able to view proposals that are sent to your job by freelancers. It doesn't look like the account you're currently logged into and used to publish this post is the correct one.

michaelajornlin
Upwork Staff
40 of 164

Hi Mohsin,

You do not need a freelancer account in order to post jobs or view the proposals. This is all done from the client context. Are you able to elaborate on the issue you faced?

Best,