Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your onboarding experience

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
41 of 58

Hi Murali,

Thank you for your message. It can take as many as 20 proposals to win a project. Keep working at it!

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
Highlighted
Amy P Member Since: Sep 8, 2020
42 of 58

Hello, I'm newSmiley Happy

I'm a client and the sign up process was easy. The interface straight forward so far. My concern right now is... I just hired my 1st freelancer, I'm in US he's in another country. It's for a facebook ad I need to run. He wants me to install "anydesk". I'm nervous about this. Is this a typical request from a freelancer to do a Facebook ad campaign?

I want to have a good experience here, I'm just nervous. This freelancer has had 1 other job completed on Upwork. It wasn't for what I need completed though. His credentials and proposal seemed promising. 

Thanks for reading and look forward to your response. 

Amy

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
43 of 58

Hi Amy,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Each project is different and it's up to the client and the freelancer to discuss and agree on what tools and permissions are necessary to get the task accomplished. I did a quick search and it sounds like the type of task you need could be done by adding another person to the ad account and giving them the needed permissions. Here is an article from Facebook Help Center about it. Possibly this is something you and the freelancer you hired could look into. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ashiqur R Member Since: Sep 20, 2020
44 of 58

Hello Mike,

Everything seems to be very smooth. I would say fast and great user experience. I opened my account few months back and finally i got my first contract 3 days back.

I am really loving it. It was a direct client invitation and i was really suprised. Hope to have more success in near future and hopefully i will complete my first contract very soon with my client.

While setting up my profile, everything was well organized and i could easily set up my profile to 100%. Do pray for me everyone whoever would see my post here at community. Hope to get some more amazing clients. Cheers

Freelance Web Developer

Ashiqur Rahman

Highlighted
Upwork Staff
Mike J Upwork Staff Member Since: Mar 18, 2019
45 of 58

Hi Ashiqur,

Thank you for your feedback! I wish you continued success.

Best,
Mike J. | Jr. Program Manager, Talent Success
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Naheed M Member Since: Sep 29, 2020
46 of 58

Hi Ashiqur Rehman,

Welcome to this forum and Congrats on your first order here.

Wish you never-ending success.

Cheers,

Naheedmir

Highlighted
Prodket D Member Since: Sep 25, 2020
47 of 58

I signed up on Upwork using Gmail and I didn't get to manually input my legal name only for me to figure out that the name used as my profile was the name on the Gmail. I have been trying to update it but I can't seem to get access to that information. How can I change my profile name to my legal name?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
48 of 58

Hi Prodket,

To request a name change, please go to Settings  Contact Info. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Naheed M Member Since: Sep 29, 2020
49 of 58

Hi Prodket,

No issue, if you have not put your legal name while making your profile.

You could change it afterward. It's so simple.

To change your name, go to Settings and then Contact Info.

Best,

Naheedmir

Highlighted
Richard C Member Since: Sep 29, 2020
50 of 58

I can't figure out how to get work through Upworks. It really very convulted.