cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your onboarding experience

Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
81 of 113

Hi Michael,

I would like to suggest to check out these great articles from our Freelancer Resources to help you improve your profile. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola

Untitled
Michael Tommy H Member Since: Oct 23, 2020
82 of 113

Your profile says it doesn't exist. Are you even part of Upwork?

Margo A Member Since: Nov 13, 2020
83 of 113
I'm not sure why you're not seeing it. I was able to get it set up manually.
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
84 of 113

Hi Michael,

Thank you for following up. I would like to clarify that I am a part of Upwork team. You can find both Upwork badge and moderator tag next to my image. Here is a screenshot for reference.

Additionally, you can find more information about Community team members on this thread.

Thank you,

~ Nikola

Untitled
Joshua R Member Since: Dec 1, 2020
85 of 113

Can someone explain how this works for newbies? My profile is private because I "haven't earned money on Upwork". My options are "start earning again" (Ummm...  did I mention I'm NEW) or pay for a membership.

If I'm my profile is private no one can see me. If no one can see me...

I have 20 'connects'. My first proposal cost 4 connects, which amounts to 5 proposals a month. Those odds don't seem worth the effort.

So how do freelancers get projects on Upwork without a membership? What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
86 of 113

Joshua R wrote:

My profile is private because I "haven't earned money on Upwork". My options are "start earning again" (Ummm...  did I mention I'm NEW) or pay for a membership

That's not what it says. You can also simply ask for your profile to be set back to public. Use the big green button on this page. 

Joshua R wrote:

If I'm my profile is private no one can see me. If no one can see me...

Nonsense. Clients you send proposals to can see you just fine. Other clients won't find you for the day or so it takes for your profile to be switched to public.

Joshua R wrote:

I have 20 'connects'. My first proposal cost 4 connects, which amounts to 5 proposals a month. Those odds don't seem worth the effort.

You sent ONE proposal? That's you idea of "effort"? You also don't get 20 a month but that's not even the point. 

Joshua R wrote:

So how do freelancers get projects on Upwork without a membership?

By buying connects individually and/or working with the network of clients they established along the way or a combination of both.

ARUN S Member Since: May 16, 2017
87 of 113
Hi, Good Evening.
My name us Arun Sharan. I am also newbie in this platform with just one
completed project. I am also struggling too much for getting my second
contract. I am sending 5-6 peoposals every day not a single client is
replying to me. I saw some YouTube videos of Tech bulls and Joshua Burns
and Lex Divile. They gave me some very useful tips and proposals writing
ideas to get the response from client. So you can also check their videos
to get some tips. You can also visit feeelancetowin.com website get e
wining proposals and 5 hacks from Danny Morgulies. He is a fa.ous
freelancers who is earning $30k in two years. Joshua Burns is also top
rated freelancers. His Youtube channel is there to assist you and all like
us.
Lance N Member Since: Dec 3, 2020
88 of 113

It would be nice to easily check the age of our upwork profile.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
89 of 113

Hi Lance,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Aliyu H Member Since: Dec 2, 2020
90 of 113
Upwork,
Kindly review your "earning before verification" policy. A lot of my friends that had accounts as freelancers on this platform, closed their accounts already because they complained about spending money on buying connects almost every month with the hope of getting their first job but still don’t get it. Upwork has over 500k freelancers giving clients vast choices, no client either upscale or middle class would settle for a newbie freelancer that doesn’t have any earning, past job experience on Upwork or even a verification badge. I understand this policy was enacted November, 2020 but with what I’ve experienced around me I think it’s a bad decision. Except Upwork doesn’t need new freelancers, I think the policy should be reviewed.

Best regards.

Hayat Aliyu.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS