🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Shared ownership of agency
Page options
christopher-schw
Community Member

Shared ownership of agency

I am trying to create an agency with shared ownership. I work in a partnership and am not the sole proprietor. All of the information and the design of upwork agencies does not account for an agency being owned by a partnership.

To get around this should I create a freelancer account that my partners and myself share and create the agency from that account?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Christopher,

Unfortunately, you can only have one owner per agency. However, you can have multiple admins. Here is a link to managing an agency.

Untitled

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Christopher,

Unfortunately, having multiple accounts and sharing of accounts are not allowed in Upwork. This may lead to account suspension. Here's a link to help you about Agencies.

Untitled

This is generic information and does not answer my question. I am in a partnership with a couple of other people and the agency needs to be associated with multiple owners. What is the correct way to represent this on Upwork?

petra_r
Community Member

@Christopher S wrote:

I am trying to create an agency with shared ownership. I work in a partnership and am not the sole proprietor. All of the information and the design of upwork agencies does not account for an agency being owned by a partnership.

To get around this should I create a freelancer account that my partners and myself share and create the agency from that account?

Absolutely not! Every member of the agency, including yourself, must create an individual freelancer profile, which has to be about the person alone and that person's skills, background, details etc.

Those profiles all have to be individually reviewed and approved, and if approved, you can create an agency and add the individuals to it.

Can you resolve my problem then. How can I have an agency owned by multiple freelancers?

What is the correct way to represent a partnership on Upwork?

Hello Christopher,

Unfortunately, you can only have one owner per agency. However, you can have multiple admins. Here is a link to managing an agency.

Untitled

Ok, this something I can work out with my partners, though it would be more appropriate for Upwork to allow for the representation of a partnership.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths