🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Should I bid on a project if I don't meet...
Page options
troyesit
Community Member

Should I bid on a project if I don't meet the Criteria?

Hi,

I am new with Upwork. I am bidding on job posts but I am confused. Should I bid if I see a popup that I don't meet criteria to bid? If I bid so is it a violation of upwork policy. 

I see the popup like If the employer has added country to choose freelancer, I don't have completed a minimum of 100 hrs like this.

Please give your valuable help.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yitwail
Community Member

Ram, it’s not a violation to send a bid when you don’t meet some client criteria but the client might not hire you because of this.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
yitwail
Community Member

Ram, it’s not a violation to send a bid when you don’t meet some client criteria but the client might not hire you because of this.

Hey John,

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply.

Best Regards,

wescowley
Community Member

You can but your chances of being hired are probably slimmer than if you'd met the qualification.

The client will see a note that you don't meet the qualifications they posted, so your proposal should clearly show early on (like in the first couple of lines) why you are qualified.  It's their choice whether to overlook their qualification or not. 

Your application may also not be sorted near the top of the list presented to the client depending on how many people applied.

re: "I don't have completed a minimum of 100 hrs like this."

Keep in mind that some of those "criteria" are default settings which clients did not intentionally choose and may not even realize are part of their job posting.

Also, keep in mind that most job proposals clients receive are not from thoughtful, well-qualified people such as yourself, but are from... Well let's just say that most job proposals clients receive are simply rubbish.

So somebody like you could easily stand out and seem like a real blessing for many clients.

Hi Preston H,

Thanks for your valuable reply. And giving your best guides.

Thanks & Regards,

Be sure that your proposal highlight your experience and expertise and that should help.

Thank you Mary W. I will keep in mind your suggestion and implement. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths