🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Should I follow up on active candidacy
Page options
julianne0104
Community Member

Should I follow up on active candidacy

I have an áctive candidacy'. I responded within 24hrs but the client is not responding to my reply and it's been 2 days now, should I message back for update or start looking for new project?.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Rosylene M wrote:

I have an áctive candidacy'. I responded within 24hrs but the client is not responding to my reply and it's been 2 days now, should I message back for update or start looking for new project?.

Always keep looking for new projects, active candidacies mean nothing. Don't message again, the client knows where to find you when and if he or she wants to take it further.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

@Rosylene M wrote:

Always keep looking for new projects, active candidacies mean nothing. Don't message again, the client knows where to find you when and if he or she wants to take it further.

Thanks Petra. I had the same situation where the client told me to undergo there exam and i believed all the questions has been answered accordingly. My status was also on active candidacy and thought there is a big chance that i will get hired. Sadly after spending almost 5 hours in total and waited for 5 days i have not heard anything from the client and they stop responding so i made some follow ups after a week but still no reply. Until i saw  i was not on active candidacy anymore. I wish the client said something about my application. Now i know active candidacies mean nothing. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths