🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Should I invite my clients to Upwork? What is...
Page options
navidzafar
Community Member

Should I invite my clients to Upwork? What is the benefit of doing so?

Hi,

I am new to upwork and strugling for getting work.

1- Can I invite my existing client to Upwork?

2- What is the way of inviting?

3- What is the benefit of inviting my own clients to Upwork?

Thanks for help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Navid Z wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for help.

1. Yes

2. You ask them to create an upwork profile and then send them your link. This allows you to create a work history which is important for attracting more clients. Or you do direct contracts with a lower upwork fee, but no history of these jobs.

3. None, because you will have to pay fees that you didn't have before, unless no 2. is important to you. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PradeepH

Hello Navid,

Thank you for contacting us. 

You can invite your Client to work with you on Upwork through Direct Contract. Direct Contracts allow you to manage contracts in the Upwork platform with your clients who don’t have an Upwork account. Enjoy the benefits of escrow services, simple contract management, faster payments, and dispute assistance should a problem arise. Feel free to message us if you have further questions.

Thank you.

Pradeep H 

Upwork

Pradeep H wrote:

Hello Navid,

Thank you for contacting us. 

You can invite your Client to work with you on Upwork through Direct Contract. Direct Contracts allow you to manage contracts in the Upwork platform with your clients who don’t have an Upwork account. Enjoy the benefits of escrow services, simple contract management, faster payments, and dispute assistance should a problem arise. Feel free to message us if you have further questions.

Thank you.

Pradeep H 

Since most new freelancers are really keen on building a job history, this is not the best advice. But of course they need to weigh what is more important to them: getting feedback and building their profile, or lower upwork fees. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Navid Z wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for help.

1. Yes

2. You ask them to create an upwork profile and then send them your link. This allows you to create a work history which is important for attracting more clients. Or you do direct contracts with a lower upwork fee, but no history of these jobs.

3. None, because you will have to pay fees that you didn't have before, unless no 2. is important to you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths