🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Should I send a contract to my client?
Page options
1ee71abe
Community Member

Should I send a contract to my client?

Like social media management contract asking for sign.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zeenia:

Upwork allows freelancers and clients to agree to additional contracts outside of the contract that is created when the freelancer clicks the official Accept button.

So...yes: You may send a contract to a client. And a client may agree to that contract. Or vice versa. A client may send an additional contract to a freelancer. Such as an NDA.

An additional contract is not required. But certainly allowed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NikolaS

Hi Zeenia,

I would like to clarify that you can't create contracts as a freelancer. You can search and submit proposals to jobs that fit your skillset and expertise. In the Cover Letter field, you can send a proposal to the client and let them know how you can help them with the project. You can also share some of your skills and experience that are relevant to their project. If your proposal is accepted you will receive a message from your client and a message room will be created where you can continue negotiating with the client. If the client decides to hire you, they will be able to send you an offer as well.

You may want to check this video to help you get started with freelancing on Upwork

~ Nikola
Upwork
1ee71abe
Community Member

I mean like I sending a contract? The normal off-upwork freelance-client contracts.

Zeenia M wrote:
I mean like I sending a contract? The normal off-upwork freelance-client contracts.

If a client on Upwork wants to hire you, he or she must initiate a formal Upwork contract that you will receive in your message room and  via your email. All you need to do to start working is to accept the contract if it meets with your approval. 

You really must read Upwork's terms of service and the link that Nikola has given you so that you understand how to work on this site. 

Zeenia:

Upwork allows freelancers and clients to agree to additional contracts outside of the contract that is created when the freelancer clicks the official Accept button.

So...yes: You may send a contract to a client. And a client may agree to that contract. Or vice versa. A client may send an additional contract to a freelancer. Such as an NDA.

An additional contract is not required. But certainly allowed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths