Featured Contributor

Shouldn't photo be optional?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
2 Posts

Shouldn't photo be optional?

Hey everybody, I'm in the process of signing up, and do not want to upload a photo. Is there a way I could continue on without uploading a photo? I really think the photo should be optional. Thanks

Community Guru
2,545 Posts

Re: Shouldn't photo be optional?

But it isn't. So if you want to use the site, you need to upload a photo.

Nouma I wrote:

Hey everybody, I'm in the process of signing up, and do not want to upload a photo. Is there a way I could continue on without uploading a photo? I really think the photo should be optional. Thanks

2 Posts

Thanks for the reply. What other sites are there, similar to Upworks, that do not require a photo? Do you know of any? Thanks

Community Guru
4,613 Posts

Nouma I wrote:

Thanks for the reply. What other sites are there, similar to Upworks, that do not require a photo? Do you know of any? Thanks

Google online freelancing platform and you should find many.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
2,545 Posts

Virginia F wrote:

But it isn't. So if you want to use the site, you need to upload a photo.

Nouma I wrote:

If as an online freelancer you do not know how to find that sort of information on your own ... well, I find that odd. I'm not going to list competitor sites here ... Upwork would frown on that.

437 Posts

Hello Nouma,

Unfortunately, adding photo to your profile is one of the requirements in completing your account. To further learn about creating a 100% complete profile, please click on this link.

Untitled
Community Guru
13,797 Posts

Shouldn't uploading a photo to Upwork be optional?

Using Upwork is optional.

So, by definition, uploading a photo to Upwork is optional. As you have already realized. Hence the post about other freelance work platforms.

There are too many alternative platforms to list here. Some require photos. Some don't. Some require real photos of you. Some allow imaginative alternative avatars.

You don't even need to use a platform. You can do freelance work using only your LinkedIn profile, Facebook page, or a webpage you create yourself..

You can even do freelance work purely through contracts you meet in your local community. (But would they see your face?)

Community Guru
1,793 Posts

He could wear a Daft Punk and/or Deadmau5 mask to client meetings. That would be pretty cool. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)