🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Signing a contract and getting help if cl...
Page options
andreaaltgayer
Community Member

Signing a contract and getting help if client doesnt pay

Hi everyone,

How do I sign a contract with a potential client? 

Also, I did an editing job for a client in Australia in December, and he hasn't paid me yet.What do I do if a client hasn't paid me, and doesn't respond to my messages?

Reagrds,

Andrea

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

@Andrea A wrote:

Hi everyone,

1) How do I sign a contract with a potential client? 

2) Also, I did an editing job for a client in Australia in December, and he hasn't paid me yet.What do I do if a client hasn't paid me, and doesn't respond to my messages?

1) You don't sign a contract as such. The client sends you an offer via Upwork and you accept it on the actual interface. At that point you "have a contract" and find it on your My Jobs page

2) Were you actually hired? What does it say on the contract on your "My Jobs page?"

Payment.jpg

Petra, I love your flow charts. Suggestion for this one:

In lieu of "Did you track your time?" I'd subsitute "Did you log your time?" and follow with...

- Yes, via the UWTime Tracker --> You will be paid automatically 10 days after the work week closes.

- Yes, manuallly --> You will be paid automatically 10 days after the work week closes if client approves the logged hours.

- No --> Bad luck

@Phyllis G wrote:

In lieu of "Did you track your time?" I'd subsitute "Did you log your time?" and follow with...

- Yes, via the UWTime Tracker --> You will be paid automatically 10 days after the work week closes.

- Yes, manuallly --> You will be paid automatically 10 days after the work week closes if client approves the logged hours.

- No --> Bad luck

I hear you, but clients don't "approve" hours, manual or fixed, they are charged automatically for either and can only dispute them.

This flowchart is the more simple one, I have a more comprehensive one as well.

I did think about using "log" - I may change that aspect but on this simple one but I don't want to add too much detail. I use it mainly when it appears likely that there never was a contract.

This is the more comprehensive one:

where is my money?where is my money?

kat303
Community Member

Andrea - It appears that you do not know the procedures of working here. If you didn't get paid yet, for the work you completed in Dec. And also since you are asking how to sign a contract, I STRONGLY suggest that you take some time (before submitting more proposals) to read and learn not only the procedures but the do's and don'ts of working here. You can start by clicking on this link and reading all the information under Every green link.   https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths