🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Signing up as a partnership
Page options
adrianddavide
Community Member

Signing up as a partnership

Hey there guys!

I'm new to upwork, but not to freelancing, as I co-own a video production business with my partner in the Netherlands. I have been looking for a way to contact Upwork about the signup process, but haven't had any luck.

Basically, we share in all the tasks of the business - though some are designated more to him and some are designated more to me. For example, I tend to do most of the messaging & communication with clients, but with our clients who speak Italian (as he does), he takes over the messages. Often he takes over editing the videos, but sometimes I jump in and do it instead.

However, I'm not sure if it's allowed for two people to share a freelancer account on Upwork? The best info I could find on this was sections 1.5 and 1.6 on the accounts section of the Upwork legal page. However, it still isn't quite clear to me.

So, can I create our profile as "video producers" and use the terms "we" and make it clear that we'll both be working from the account? And, if this is not allowed, how can I contact upwork to get permission?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advanced 🙂
Adri

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adri,

If you would like to work as a team you will need to open an Agency account and list all team members in your Agency. Note that the agency model is designed to accommodate teams of freelancers working together. You can find more information here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Adri P wrote:

Hey there guys!

I'm new to upwork, but not to freelancing, as I co-own a video production business with my partner in the Netherlands. I have been looking for a way to contact Upwork about the signup process, but haven't had any luck.

Basically, we share in all the tasks of the business - though some are designated more to him and some are designated more to me. For example, I tend to do most of the messaging & communication with clients, but with our clients who speak Italian (as he does), he takes over the messages. Often he takes over editing the videos, but sometimes I jump in and do it instead.

However, I'm not sure if it's allowed for two people to share a freelancer account on Upwork? The best info I could find on this was sections 1.5 and 1.6 on the accounts section of the Upwork legal page. However, it still isn't quite clear to me.

So, can I create our profile as "video producers" and use the terms "we" and make it clear that we'll both be working from the account? And, if this is not allowed, how can I contact upwork to get permission?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advanced 🙂
Adri

It is not allowed, you will not get permission from upwork, and it can get you suspended real quick. 

mtngigi
Community Member

Upwork will probably tell you that you have to sign up as an agency: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067598-Create-an-Agency

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adri,

If you would like to work as a team you will need to open an Agency account and list all team members in your Agency. Note that the agency model is designed to accommodate teams of freelancers working together. You can find more information here.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths