cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Name or Married Name conflict on payment option

magsombol-rowena
Rowena M Member Since: Jan 10, 2017
1 of 12

New member here.  I am married and yet all my IDs and bank account is still under my single name. Can I just use my single name in upwork so I can complete payment option right away? 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 12

Hi Rowena,

You should be able to use your maiden name on your Upwork profile that's also on your payment method and ID until you update your official documents and bank account with your new name.

~ Valeria
Upwork
magsombol-rowena
3 of 12

Hi Valeria,

Thank you for the information. I did it already and have to wait within 48 hrs.  Meanwhile, I will continue with my application.

magsombol-rowena
4 of 12

HI! I already applied for a bank account under my married name and change name here in upwork. But when I am doing the payment option the error says "my account in upwork does not match my bank details".  Is it because my upwork account has not generated the changes yet? If so, please help me.

magsombol-rowena
5 of 12

by  the way I already started working since Jan. 12

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 12

Hi Rowena,

Please edit the withdrawal method you're trying to use by updating your surname in the account holder details section, which will resolve the mismatch the system is detecting.

Untitled
maxi-des
Maksym Y Member Since: Nov 28, 2016
7 of 12

Hello friends! I also have a problem with the my name. No, I have not changed my name, I just do not properly registered in Upwork. I noticed this when enrolled in the payment system Payoneer. Typically, in various cases, I enter the name of Maxim (during registration in forums and sites), but the driver's license is written Maksym. That is correctly will be Maksym. Tell me please how to be...

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 12

Hi Maxim,

I've checked and you need to complete the W8 tax form in order to enable withdrawals to the payment methods you added recently. Please go to Settings > Tax Information > click the Edit link and enter your full name in the legal name section.

Untitled
maxi-des
Maksym Y Member Since: Nov 28, 2016
9 of 12

Hi Vladimir, thank you for your reply. completed the W8 tax and change (edit) my name in Settings > Contact info > account... Tell my please, all I did the right thing? When I changed my name, I saw a message: "Your name change request is under review. Your request will be processed within 48 hours. Please review identity policy"

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 12

Hi Maksym,

You name change request has been approved and should match the name on your Payoneer account now. Once 3-day security hold is over, you should be able to withdraw your funds.

~ Valeria
Upwork