🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Skill-Tailored Resumes - Can I have more ...
Page options
adamsjessica33
Community Member

Skill-Tailored Resumes - Can I have more than one?

Hello! I am new. I searched through the forum for information on this, but I would like to confirm that what I am reading is correct. I have worked in multiple industries, and have multiple skill areas. For instance, I've worked in project management but also marketing and technical writing. I would like to have different versions of the job descriptions in my employment history section that are tailored to the particular skill set requested by a project. Doesn't look like this is possible. Am I right? Or is there another way to do this?

Thank you for your time,

Jessica Adams

3 REPLIES 3
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Jessica,

You may add different descriptions to each of your jobs listed in your employment history. Simply click on the pencil button and then at the bottom part of the pop-up window, you'll see a description field.

Untitled
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jessica: You can change the editable sections of your profile page as often as you want.

You may store an unlimited number of versions of your work history. You may store that in a text file on your own computer. You may log into Upwork and swap out the current version with a different version. There is no limit on how often you do this.

But you may only save one version at a time to your Upwork profile page. And you may only have one Upwork profile page.

Thank you for your reply. This makes sense. Maybe this is a completely elementary question, but say for instance I send a proposal to a project management job and edit my job descriptions to highlight my PM experience. Then later I want to submit a proposal for a marketing job, so I edit my job descriptions again and then send out this proposal. The next day, the PM client sees my proposal and goes to my profile to find out more about me. Won't the job descriptions now be different, showing my marketing skills? I don't want to be confusing clients by having different versions of my job descriptions between my proposals and my profile. 

Thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths