🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Skills not on list
Page options
mairicj
Community Member

Skills not on list

Hi

I'm new to Upwork and looking around to see if it is a platform I want to use.  I was thinking of selling my skills in Public Affairs, which are lobbying, engaging with parliament and government, public petitions systems, stakeholder engagement etc...

However I can't find anything on the list that covers this.  Is it just that there is no call for the skills in the Upwork community or is there something else I need to do to make this appear?

Many thanks

Mairi

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Mairi C wrote:

Hi

I'm new to Upwork and looking around to see if it is a platform I want to use.  I was thinking of selling my skills in Public Affairs, which are lobbying, engaging with parliament and government, public petitions systems, stakeholder engagement etc...

However I can't find anything on the list that covers this.  Is it just that there is no call for the skills in the Upwork community or is there something else I need to do to make this appear?

Many thanks

Mairi

This is an international platform and it would seem that your skills are extremely localised. While there is indeed a UK jobs feed, I haven't personally seen any projects posted that call for the type of services that you mention (but others can weigh in and correct me if I'm wrong - it might be because I'm not specifically looking for that type of work myself). 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Mairi,

You can view all of our available categories and skills on this Link

You can also search for freelancers in the same industry as you and see what skills they have listed on their profiles. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks,

Can you please advise what Public Affairs would come under in the "What is
the main service you offer to clients," part of the profile?

Many thanks
Mairi
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mairi,

I'd advise you to select the closest skill which matches the services you're providing and would consider, amongst others, if Public Relations under Sales and Marketing category fits the type of service you're looking to offer to clients on Upwork. Note that you can further specify and describe the service in your profile title and description.

Hope this helps, I expect other users will follow up soon to offer their advice.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths