🐈 Community

Skills tests

One of the tests I took and passed earlier today is not showing up on my profile.  I am seeing that other people have had similar issues.  Does anyone have any tips for me?

9 REPLIES 9
aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michelle, 

I checked your profile and can see that there are 2 skills test showing already. Were you missing another skills test?

~ Avery
Upwork

Yes, I also took the U.S. Spelling test which is not showing up on my profile.  I should have 3 tests showing.

I was just checking to see if you had looked into the US Spelling skills test which is still not showing up on my profile.  I have tried to take it again, but it will not allow me to do so.

Thank you.

Michelle

Hi Michelle, 

I'm sorry for the delay in my reply. I've requested the Customer Support Team to reach out to you regarding this issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

Dear All,

Is Upwork planning to create skill tests on artistic fields as well? Who should I ask about this, or how can I tell if I have an idea?

Thank you very much in advance!

Istvan,

Are there any particular tests you would like to see on Upwork? We have been updating our tests and can consider new tests if there is demand for them.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Dear Valeria,

I am a musician, composer and music engraver. I was just wondering whether you could provide a skill test in the field of harmony, music theory or a special music engraving program (e.g. Sibelius).

My opinion (and my experience) is that it would be easier for both parties (freelancers and clients) to choose qualified people for the job. I think feedback is very important for people, because they have to know what they need to improve. Wouldn't it be nice for artists as well? Smiley Wink

I would be very glad to see a possibility of being qualified in the field of music if you are willing to improve this segment of your platform. However, art and music can be judged subjectively, I think selection is very important if someone wants to make the right decision. There are clearly measurable skills that are essential for every musician, especially composers regardless of their working method (traditional or digital).

I hope you will take it as a positive comment. Needless to say, that I am glad to be a part of your community.

István

P.S.: I am a music teacher as well and I would be very happy to give some guidelines, but only if you need.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Istvan,

Skill tests we use are provided by a third-party test provider and we'll share your feedback with them. In the meantime, please feel free to upload samples of your work to your profile Portfolio, in order to enable prospective clients to review your work and skills.

Untitled

Ok Vladimir, thank you for the information.