Featured Contributor

Skype id

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
1 Posts

Skype id

Can a person ask for Skype during the interview?

979 Posts

Re: Skype id

Hi Gregory,

Yes this is not a violation. You and your client can chose what method best fits your needs to communicate.

Untitled
Community Guru
13,297 Posts

Asking to use Skype to interview is quite normal among legitimate clients.

Scammers rarely use Skype video chat or Skype audio calls because most scammers want to use text-only communication methods (OFF of Upwork) so they can simultaneously hide their true identity while also avoid having their communications monitored by Upwork.

Community Guru
1,342 Posts

Gregory P wrote:

Can a person ask for Skype during the interview?

Presumably, if the client requested this, they sent this request via the Message Center, because they wanted to Interview you via Skype.  Nothing wrong with this. Seeing as how you are new, the only thing you need to be worried about is clients who say, doing the interview "can I pay you off of Upwork". the answer to that is NO, NO, NO.

However, if you actually were asking if it's ok to ask the client for a Skype Interview, then yes, that is also fine. I use Skype for interviews all the time, and sometimes the client asks for this, and sometimes I suggest it. I also have a business line for Interviews, just in case the client doesn't use Skype.