🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » So Far Bad Experience With Upwork After Post ...
Page options
8834541b
Community Member

So Far Bad Experience With Upwork After Post Removal

Today I signed up to upwork to post a job posting. I didn't realize at first that the job posting was illegal due to the nature of what i stated within it. However after the post was removed by "support", the response I saw from it is just insufficent, Especially for a first time poster:

here the response:

**Edited for community guidelines**

So if anyone doesn't spot the issue.

Here it is my thoughts I had as soon as I saw this.

1 - What did I do wrong? (I figured it out after relooking over my post and realizing part of the job requirement was something illegal which I have to say, I talk responsibility for and should have not included as it not needed)

2 - You have links after links in your terms and agreements legal section, how is a user suppose to sort out what the issue is? I can't search your terms for the reason or "illegal item" I did due to how long it is.

3 - Why don't you state the issue that was in the post besides submitting a answer I expected from a robot, not a real person that copy + pastes from the look of it.

I did respond asking for the reason, so far nothing. I just find this type of support lacking and needs to be fixed.

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fabian,

I'm sorry about your experience, you have an open ticket regarding your concern and one of our team members will assist you further shortly. In the meantime, please go to your account settings and chose top tab on left, ''My Info''. Kindly, try adding address details and phone number in order to fix this error. If the issue persists after this please post any question on your existing ticket and our team will assist you further. Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
8834541b
Community Member

It something with the post and I figured it out. I just don't like the automatic response tone of it as it doesn't help the customer (US) fix it if we don't know what wrong or the reason. I could have just kept reposting the proposal without changing anything.

@Fabian M wrote:

It something with the post and I figured it out. I just don't like the automatic response tone of it as it doesn't help the customer (US) fix it if we don't know what wrong or the reason. I could have just kept reposting the proposal without changing anything.

If the idea is to ask for something illegal, but this time by rewording it so it doesn't show, then maybe this is why they don't tell you much.

They don't want any illegal activity going on on their platform because this is a huge liability for them.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

I get it. Just that they don't tell you the reason. You have to figure it out yourself.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths