🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Some advice about picking up new clients
Page options
cirbus_katlyn
Community Member

Some advice about picking up new clients

Hello everyone. I’m new to this website. I joined about a month ago. I picked up my first client rather quickly which turned out to be a pretty bad experience in which I’m currently in a dispute. I’m looking to recover from this situation and find some new clients. I have a couple of questions that would be a big help for anyone to answer. 1) I have been submitting proposals for many jobs. On average, how long does it take for a client to email you or contact you about your proposal? 2) Does anyone have any tips on how to pick up a client? (Besides a great cover letter). 3) How does my profile look to you as an experienced freelancer? I’m open to any and all constructive criticism. Thank you in advance for your time 🙂
1 REPLY 1
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Katlyn C wrote:
Hello everyone. I’m new to this website. I joined about a month ago. I picked up my first client rather quickly which turned out to be a pretty bad experience in which I’m currently in a dispute. I’m looking to recover from this situation and find some new clients. I have a couple of questions that would be a big help for anyone to answer. 1) I have been submitting proposals for many jobs. On average, how long does it take for a client to email you or contact you about your proposal? 2) Does anyone have any tips on how to pick up a client? (Besides a great cover letter). 3) How does my profile look to you as an experienced freelancer? I’m open to any and all constructive criticism. Thank you in advance for your time 🙂

1. there is no average. 90%  if the 2 million+ freelancers on the platform never win a single job.

2. Apply only to jobs that are a perfect fit that you are confident you can provide an excellent result.

3. Your profile is set to private. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths